The Bullet Point Edition
- Define what kind of relationship and what kind of person you are looking for clearly and keep it in mind during all phases of the online dating process including when choosing which site to join, writing your profile, and when corresponding with potential dates.
- If joining a free site, be prepared to wade through more “riff-raff” and inactive profiles.
- If joining a paid site, be clear on all payment and cancellation terms before giving out your credit card information.
- For both free and paid sites, make sure you can fully remove your profile and account from the website’s database at anytime.
- Take your time writing your profile and then take the time to work the website to its fullest potential by contacting other members, participating in online and offline events, and keeping your profile up to date. Take advantage of the amazing opportunity that online dating gives you by perfecting your first impression!
- Post a photo. Post a recent, clear photo of YOURSELF.
- Take safety precautions in correspondence and in your first (few) real time encounters.
- Get personal… but don’t take rejection personally.